By Phil Noble
President, SC New Democrats
SC Rep. Nikki Haley just released her jobs plan. These 10 words do not appear in it:
1. Agriculture – our largest industry.
2. Tourism – our second largest industry.
3. Technology – the largest driver of economic growth in the past 20 years.
4. Computer (or Internet) – nifty little thing that is used for most every phase of economic activity.
5. Capital – as in venture capital that’s needed for start-ups, the creator of small business jobs.
6. Global – everything and everyone else in the world.
7. Exports – the stuff we sell in the global marketplace to make money.
8. International – as in international business, the way we make the money from the world.
9. Green – as in green jobs, 21st century jobs that save money and can’t be shipped overseas.
10. Rural – as in rural development, what 1 million of us (23.4 percent of South Carolinians) desperately need.
It’s a great 19th century jobs plan.